Wednesday, April 29, 2009

AI Recap from April 28

On a night when the contestant’s had to sing songs from ‘The Rat Pack’, here’s Eddie’s ‘quick’ recap of Tuesday Night’s TOP 5, and predictions for who will be booted OFF tonight, who are your BOTTOM 2, not Bottom 3….and who I think will be the FINAL 2!

Kris Allen—Incredible rendition of Frank Sinatra’s ‘The Way You Look Tonight’! WOW!!! Again, ORIGINALITY wins here! I still think this kid could sneak into the FINALS!! VERY SAFE!


Allison Iraheta –Performed ‘Someone To watch Over Me’, and it was OK, not as great as Randy and Kara said. After Simon crushed her ego, she may need someone to watch over her tonight! BOTTOM 2 tonight…..but she’s the ONLY girl left, and she is one hell of a talent at 17, so I think she cracks the FINAL 4 and moves on!

Matt Giraud—Performed ‘My Funny Valentine’ , and I have to agree with Randy on this one, it wasn’t that great, but it was definitely his own style, and Simon, unlike the slam on Allison, absolutely loved him, so…who knows!? But…I say he’s BOTTOM 2 tonight and going home!! End of the road Matt, sorry….thought you’d make the FINAL 4! L

Danny Gokey –Notice I didn’t us any ‘karaoke’ or other words here for his name? Is everyone sitting down? I thought he was very good last night and BY FAR his MOST IMPRESSIVE performance to date! It wasn’t the most original, but he was really into it and definitely hit a home run with the ending! Is he better than Kris? NO…..Adam? NO….but he could very well be in the FINAL vs. Adam in a few weeks! VERY SAFE!

Adam Lambert –ANOTHER WOW!!!!! Mind blowing last note of the song, which he carried for almost 10+ seconds!!!! Theatrical? YES…..Cocky?
YES….Brilliant….Absolutely!! SAFE TO THE FINALS!!!! Incredible talent!

NOTE: In RED are those who I originally had predicted for the TOP 12!

Bottom Line: Think the talent that’s left after tonight will prove to make the next few shows VERY interesting!! FINAL 2? ADAM vs. KRIS…..write it down! But I won’t be at all surprised if it’s Adam vs. Danny or Allison, who has to be considered the Dark Horse at this stage!

So what does everyone else think of last night’s show? Who do you think should be booted off tonight? Who’s your TOP 2 Finalists and Front-Runner to win it all? Who’s your choice to win that 2nd spot and go up against Adam Lambert in the FINALS??? Let’s see some predictions here folks, let Eddie Idol know your thoughts!

OK….we’ll know the FINAL 4 after tonight..…until then…it’s Eddie ‘Little Simon-FINALLY OKIE FOR GOKEY’ Idol…OUT!!

PS---If you hear a loud, wailing type of scream tonight, it’s me, out on my patio and in pain from watching Taylor Hicks perform on the Idol stage!! UGH!! :-0

Note from Kim: Now, now, Eddie, no sour grapes from you my dear Tay-Tay won fair and square!! Shame I won't be able to watch tonight though, because LOST is celebrating it's 100th episode and I'm hoping for more Shirtless Sawyer!!!

BTW -- I was totally swooning over Adam in that white suit last night!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home