Wednesday, April 15, 2009

AI Recap

On a night when the contestant’s had to sing Songs from Cinema, with Quentin Tarantino as the mentor, here’s Eddie’s recap of Tuesday Night’s Top 7…..drum roll please…..
Danny NO ORIGINALITY Gokey –Absolutely a horrible, horrible rendition of Lionel Ritchie’s Endless Love…..thought I was listening to some Joe Smoe at a wedding or at karaoke night at a local bar. Simon was nice by saying it was boring and VERY traditional, no originality at all….weak! Bottom 3 tonight and really, let’s be honest and serious here…..it just was NOT a good performance!!

Allison Iraheta – Great Aerosmith song in ‘I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing’, thought she did it pretty well, not great, but good enough, and The judges FINALLY agreed with me….as they can see this girl in the final with Adam Lambert like I can!
SAFE!!

Adam Lambert –Simon said 50% off all who listened to his version of ‘Born To Be Wild’ wouldn’t like it. I disagree….I grew up playing this Steppenwolf song over and over on an 8-track tape player, so if anyone was going to hate it, I would…..and I LOVED IT!!!! Incredible performance…..AGAIN!!!! This kid is head over heels over anyone else in this competition!!

Lil Rounds – What is with Lil??!! She continues to make BAD song choices and picked another with Bette Midler’s ‘The Rose’. Bottom 3 tonight, and as I said last week….I will NOT be shocked if she goes home, and I truly don’t think the judges would save her at this point, esp Simon!!

Matt Giraud— Mr. Inconsistent wasn’t on top of his game last night singing Bryan Adams’ ‘Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman’, but I also don’t think the song was performed as bad as Kara and randy led us to believe! Thought they were way too negative on him. Yes, it was pitchy and he probably tried to do too much with it, but it was good enough to stay in the competition. He could very well be in the Bottom 3 tonight and be sent home though, so don’t be surprised.

Anoop Desai – OK…..at one time I hated this kid, but the kid CAN sing, and last night he was really good with another Bryan Adam song choice, ‘’Everything I Do, I Do It For You’…..great job by Anoop!! (I can’t believe I just said that!!) …….SAFE!!

Kris Allen—I’ll be honest, I don’t even know the damn song he did, very obscure,,….I thought it was weak and I totally agreed with Randy, it was pitchy from the start and maybe one of his poorest performances to date. Bottom 3 tonight!

NOTE: In RED are those who I originally had predicted for the TOP 12!

Bottom Line: I really enjoyed Quentin Tarantino mentoring these kids, but I just cannot believe someone didn’t pick a song from Pulp Fiction!! I’m sure best friend Pete would agree, one of his favorite movies!So what does everyone else think of last night’s show?
Who do you think should be booted off tonight?

HOW ABOUT SOME FEEDBACK PEOPLE!!

Who’s your TOP 2 Finalists and Front-Runner to win it all? Anyone think that any contestant seriously has a chance of beating Adam at this point??? Let’s see some predictions here folks, let Eddie Idol know your thoughts!

OK….we’ll know the TOP 6 after tonight..…until then…it’s Eddie ‘Little Simon-BOTTOM 3 FOR GOKEY ’ Idol……OUT!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home