Sunday, December 21, 2008

Urgent Message from the Elfman!

You should all know by now what a huge fan the Elfman is of BOC (that's Blue Oyster Cult, for those of you not in the know). Well, I received an urgent message from him this weekend and had to pass it on!

"Saw this on the BOC site

"This week's three shows have all been cancelled. In an unfortunate mishap, Blue Oyster Cult lead guitarist/vocalist Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser slipped on a flight of stairs in hisFlorida home this past Sunday evening, while carrying some packages.The fall resulted in a shoulder injury, which has forced the cancellation of the band's remaining shows for 2008.A complete and full recovery is expected."

elfman


Buck Dharma Pictures, Images and Photos

The Elfman has spoken! Let's all wish a speedy recovery and Happy Holidays to Buck!!

In the meantime, enjoy this clip of Elfman's fave Saturday Nigth Live sketch ...
http://phillyb.vox.com/library/video/6a00c2252211cc8fdb00c225230ad58e1d.html

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger elfman said...

Wow Kim what a cool tribute to Buck Dharma and Blue Oyster Cult. I am glad Buck is doing well. I saw them Halloween Night at Penns Peak and the band was in top form. Many people in the audience were in costume and some even had cowbells.That is also one of my favorite SNL sketches.
Thanks so much.
The Elfman has spoken

December 21, 2008 at 4:26 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa!! I do enjoy this blog on a regular basis, but I never thought I would read about Blue Oyster Cult here. I saw them at the Soveriegn Center two years ago and the band was hot. Buck is a great guitar player and I am glad he is doing well . Nice job.
KG Cretin

December 21, 2008 at 5:05 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the BOC info.
I have to admit I heard it here first. Then I heard Joan Crawford on the radio and they did mention Buck's accident. So thanks Kim
You rock
Jilly

December 21, 2008 at 5:39 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God for more cowbell!!!
BOC Rocks.
Dan D

December 21, 2008 at 6:31 PM 
Blogger Kimberlesk said...

Don't thank me Jilly, thank the Elfman, it was his find!
Any entertainment-related news is always welcome here, just drop me a line!
ktoth@pottsmerc.com

Thanks -- Kim

December 21, 2008 at 6:33 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always enjoyed the music of Blue Oyster Cult, especially their lyrics. I am really glad to hear that Buck is in good shape. Now just who is this elfman character??
Pamela

December 21, 2008 at 7:49 PM 
Blogger Wynonna Plush said...

Hey Elfman,
I saw Blue Oyster Cult 14 times.
They put on a great show.
Wynnna

December 21, 2008 at 9:26 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buck is a great singer. I wish him a fast recovery and speedy return to the ring.

December 21, 2008 at 9:37 PM 
Blogger SurferGirl said...

Elfie,
Thanks for keeping everyone up to date! I still have the BOC CD from years ago that you gave me to listen to! Memories...
SG

December 22, 2008 at 11:17 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOC has always been a favorite of mine. Lots of good rockin tunes. Lots of great guitar.
Thanks for the update
Bruce

December 22, 2008 at 3:27 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's interesting to know that Buck is not his real name..
never knew that.
CRC

December 23, 2008 at 2:07 PM 
Blogger Debmun1 said...

I grew up listening to BOC, so I've loved them for a long time. For Elfman's sake I wish Buck a speedy recovery!

January 2, 2009 at 5:21 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home