Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Academy announces Oscar Host

And the job of hosting The 81st Annual Academy Awards goes to ....


The Sexiest Man Alive! While watching the Soup this weekend, I almost fell off the couch when I saw scrolling at the bottom of the TV screen that Hugh Jackman was asked to host the Oscars next year (and accepted)!

Hugh Jackman Pictures, Images and Photos

Whahoooo! After a pretty dismal year at the movies ... this actually gives me something to look forward to! And I'm speaking generally, of course. Yes, I loved Iron Man and The Dark Knight. I enjoyed Cloverfield, Twilight, Sex and the City, Saw V, The Ruins and The X-Files. But overall, not an exciting year.

And though The Dark Knight actually might have a shot at a Best Picture nomination, we all know it doesn't have much chance of actually winning. And since most of the movies that will get nominated aren't even out yet -- there's not much to get excited about.

But Hugh Jackman!!! That's excitement worthy! I don't care how bad Australia was (I've heard, haven't actually seen it yet), I'm sure he'll be able to keep us entertained for the requisite 3 1/2 to 4 hours the Academy lumbers thru. That sexy Australian accent alone could get me thru the show.

Afterall, this is the man who brought us to Broadway in droves to see him star as gay icon Peter Allen in The Boy From Oz.

hughie boy from oz on piano Pictures, Images and Photos

He was so popular in the show indeed, that it had to close when his extended run ended because they literally couldn't find anyone who could compare!

Good Luck Hugh -- I'll be watching!

The 81st Annual Academy Awards airs live on ABC at 8 p.m. Feb. 22. Nominations will be announced live at 8:30 a.m. Jan. 22 on E! and network morning shows.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
Hugh Jackman is a good pick for Sexiest Man Alive but some of the past picks were ridiculous.
Mathew Mconahie..please so NOT sexy..I know the spelling is wrong..
Jan vs Jan

December 14, 2008 at 7:51 PM 
Blogger Kimberlesk said...

Hey Jan -- how 'bout Matt Damon? Eww. WTF? I still love the original -- Mel Gibson, tho he isn't aging very well ...

Kim

December 14, 2008 at 11:47 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home