Friday, December 19, 2008

Momma's Boys?

Last night there was a rare occurance at my house -- there was absolutely nothing on TV I wanted to watch! So instead, I watched Don't Mess with the Zohan -- don't bother wasting your time watching the Zohan, either. Had some laughs, but basically stupid.

Anybody watch NBC’s new reality show Momma’s Boys Tuesday night? No, I didn’t either … but since the network is seeing fit to re-air the premiere installment again tonight and a friend at work said it was hilarious, I think I’m gonna give it a try.

Never heard of it?

Well, according to the NBC web site, Momma’s Boys, executive produced by Ryan Seacrest ("American Idol") and Andrew Glassman ("Average Joe"), centers on a group of mothers who must help choose the perfect woman for their complacent sons. Ultimately, the series poses the question: "Who is really the most important woman in every man's life?"

In Momma's Boys, love is in the air but the story is told from a new television perspective – because first, the women will have to get by mom.

Drama ensues when numerous mothers and their eligible bachelor sons are housed together with several single women. As the tension mounts, viewers will watch as possessive mothers influence their son's search for the perfect mate.

Some of the possible brides are "nice girls," while others might not be as presentable. As expected, rivalries are formed, drama mounts and emotion builds as crucial choices must be made.

Momma's Boys airs tonight at 8 p.m. Elfman -- be there!

A note to Ms. Java, who commented on yesterday's Top Chef Recap: My fave this season is definitely Fabio, although I do like Hosea and Stefan too. Ariane is proving to be an interesting chef, although the rest of the girls don't impress me. Carla gets on my last nerve, and there's just something about Melissa's serial killer stare that really scares me (that chick shouldn't be around knives).
Overall, except perhaps Fabio, none of this season's cheftestants compare to the big personalities of the past: Marcel, Sam, Elia, Trey, Ilan, CJ, Cliff, Richard, Spike (I've got a culinary b-ner) the girl who looked like Jen Aniston (sorry, can't think of her name, but I really liked her), and, of course, the man who was a danger to everyone else in the kitchen -- Hung!
Top Chef 3 Pictures, Images and Photos
CJ & Trey (don't remember guy on left)
Remember when Sam, Ilan and Cliff tried to shave Marcel's head -- best top chef moment of all time!
Marcel, Sam Pictures, Images and Photos
Marcel & Sam hard at work
Who were your faves?

Over the weekend, amid more holiday decorating and baking, I will be compiling my Top 5 Movies of 2008 list for fellow blogger Chris March's Scene & Heard. I also hope to post my own Worst Christmas Movie review, was hoping to get to it today, but didn't get a chance to watch it again last night ... it's absolutely awful, but in a good cheesy way!

Cheers!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger elfman said...

Kim,
Hung was my all time favorite.
I can see him running around the kitchen with those knives and dropping squid on the floor? What a riot he was.
The Jen look-a-like was Casey and the two competed with Dale (DELL)
But also,I think there a lot of stand out personalities this year Stefan and Fabio are cool. And
I do like Carla and Eugene too.
The Elfman has spoken

December 19, 2008 at 2:41 PM 
Blogger elfman said...

I also liked Bada=Bing Betty the one who almost murdered Marcel.
Elfman

December 19, 2008 at 2:48 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
Elfman says you can cook.
Seriously do you like to?
Elsa

December 19, 2008 at 5:26 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your bad Christmas movie review.
BO 2

December 19, 2008 at 8:53 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Kim we know you are good in the garden but do you like to cook?
Mead-O

December 20, 2008 at 11:42 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I like to cook. I think I do pretty well. I've picked up a lot of good info and techniques from Top Chef. I'm also an avid fan of Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten. I never miss her on the Food Network.
I enjoy a lot of shows on the Food Network.
Thanks for your interest -- Kim

December 21, 2008 at 2:47 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home