Monday, December 22, 2008

Momma's Boys, what's on tonight

Well, I watched Momma’s Boys on NBC Friday night. Actually I taped it and watched in Saturday morning. And I’m intrigued.
Momma’s Boys is the latest reality dating show TV’s offering up and features 32 single women living in a house with the mothers of four (I think) eligible batchelors. Yeah, you just know this one’s gonna have some great cat fights!
It’s produced by that adorable little elf Ryan Secrest, but fear not, he’s nowhere to be seen on the show!

Ryan Seacrest Pictures, Images and Photos

On the first episode, there was too much swapping back-and-forth between the mothers and the female contestants and it got a little confusing. But it was all just a build-up to the big confrontation between the single ladies of color and JoJo’s mother of all mothers. Yes, one of the guys is actually named JoJo!
It seems JoJo’s mom doesn’t want any blacks, Hispanics, Chinese, Jews -- basically anything other than caucasian -- anywhere near her beloved son. And she’s not afraid to let everyone know it!
Although, based on the season’s previews, JoJo’s gonna experience it all whether Momma approves or not!


The show came to an abrupt conclusion after one of the girls (sorry, don’t remember any names yet) got all up in Momma JoJo’s face by the pool and was to be continued ….
And here’s the best part, it’s continued tonight starting at 9 p.m. and it must be a doozy, because NBC has given the show a 2-hour time slot this week.
I’ll definitely be tuning in!

Joel McHale and Lou Pictures, Images and Photos
Joel & cohost Lou

Elsewhere on TV tonight, Joel McHale and his motley crue of misfits offer up The Year in Soup over on E! at 10 p.m. That outta be great! I’ll definitely have to tape it.

And the season that wouldn’t end is actually ending tonight on MTV. Yes folks, it’s time to say good-bye to that awful show that I can’t stop watching – The Hills!! Why do I care about what happens to these people?? I’m totally dumbfounded, but have to find out! As of this writing Speidi is still unlegally wed, Whitney is moving to New York City for her own show (didn’t think they could get more uninteresting than The Hills, just wait for The City), Audrina’s already moved out – whatever will Lauren do?

At least now that The Hills is over MTV has awarded its time slot to a show that I'm really looking forward too -- Bromance! What, you haven't heard of this one yet? Well the only thing you really need to know it that it stars The Hills' resident Himbo Brody Jenner! Oh yeah, I'll take my Brody any way I can get him. Anyway, the description goes that the ultimate hottie puts nine dudes to the test to see if they're best-bud material. Sounds a lot like MTV's Paris Hilton BFF show.
Bromance makes it's debut next Monday night.
brody jenner Pictures, Images and Photos
Hello Brody!

Oh, and I caught up on last week’s episode of The Mentalist. I’ll reserve my opinion till after another episode. I loved Simon Baker (but I did before this show). It was OK, wouldn’t call it great. But, hey, every series has an off episode. In fact, most of the final season of The Sopranos was "off."

I watched my Worst Christmas Movie Ever, look for my review shortly. Also, I’ve completed Top 5 Movies of 2008 for The Mercury’s Scene & Heard blog. Once it’s posted there, I’ll put it up here. Stay tuned …

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger elfman said...

Yes, Kim give The Mentalist another shot. Last week wasn't the best episode. I have liked what I have seen so far. It's not Shakespeare,but I find it enjoyable.
Elfman

December 22, 2008 at 7:12 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that wasn't the best Mentalist of the season, but its a light fun show.
Carrie

December 23, 2008 at 2:11 PM 
Blogger SurferGirl said...

OMG! I didn't want to watch Momma's Boy, but I couldn't turn the channel. It's so ridiculous but I may be hooked. JoJo's mom is a horrible, horrible lady! But JoJo is a cutie! Cara gets on my nerves, the geeky chick w/the glasses is interesting.
My son and I should been on that show. That would be awesome!
SG

December 24, 2008 at 9:51 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home