Sunday, December 14, 2008

Elfman's Worst Xmas Movie Ever!

As promised, here's a little early Xmas present for all of you, a guest blog from the Elfman!
Enjoy

Santa Conquers the Martians Pictures, Images and Photos

Santa Claus Conquers The Martians
Reviewed by the Elfman

"Something is happening to the children of Mars"
Yes the Red Planet is in a state of panic as Martian Children become increasingly despondent, watching meaningless videos telecast from Earth. Their children are growing up way too fast and must recapture their youth.
Solution: "We Need a Santa Claus on Mars"
Yes, "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" is hands down the worse holiday movie ever and possibly one of the worst movies of all time. Yet this 1964 film from Joseph E. Levine was a box office smash and even sparked the hit tune "Hooray for Santy Claus."

The chorus gleefully proclaims: You spell it S-A-N-T-A C-L-A-U-S, Hooray for Santy Clause.(Were they worried that kids would be confused by the spelling?)
The plot of the movie revolves around a group of Martian leaders including the good Kimar and evil Volgar and their journey to earth where they kidnap St. Nick and two earth children who can't act their way out of a Christmas stocking.
Santa played by John Hall isn't much better and expresses joy with more of a drunken snarl than a jolly belly laugh.
Things really heat up when the Martians invade the North Pole and muscle Santa out of his workshop to the horror of all 3 of his elves.
"We Don't Want To Hurt You Santa Claus, So Come Along Quietly."
The film for the most part is a real treat for bad movie lovers of all ages.
However you might want to fast forward through seemingly endless Air Force stock footage when they are alerted of the invasion.
Classic dialogue includes a scene between Kimar and wife Lady Momar as they discuss their children's peril. (one of them played by a young Pia Zadora)
"They Eat Not, They Sleep Not"
"I Had To Use The Sleep Spray On Them Again"
But my favorite scene is when a group of Martian elite summon an 800-year-old wise man from the planet named Chochum(?). This guy is clearly dead, he just won't lay down.
Chochum advises them that "Children Need To Be Children Again" and "I've Seen This Coming For Centuries." (Then why didn't he tell anybody?)
Hopefully Martian paramedics are standing by because Chochum isn't likely to make 801.
If you love bad movies like I do this is a must for the holidays.
The Elfman has Spoken.

Thanks Elfman! For those of you curious enough, you can watch Santa Claus Conquers the Martians on Google Video. Follow this link
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=santa+claus+matians&emb=0&aq=f#

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Elfman,
I saw that movie years ago and can still remember how bad it was.
Yes it does bring a few laughs.
Thanks dude
BO 2

December 14, 2008 at 6:16 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the elfman's review.
What a bomb that movie was.
I might take a peek at it again.
It sounds funny now.
Laurie

December 14, 2008 at 7:25 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decent review! Love the movie in doses. Chochum knows all...

December 14, 2008 at 7:29 PM 
Blogger jujubeee said...

I couldn't agree more with the Elfman. Years ago, my brother tricked me into watching this by telling me it was a riot! I think I was asleep after the first 10 minutes. Good review though... I'm surprised anyone made it through this whole movie.

December 14, 2008 at 7:52 PM 
Blogger Kimberlesk said...

Thank you for all the luv for the Elfman! Hopefully, we'll be able to get him to do some more guest postings!!

Kim

December 14, 2008 at 11:49 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice synopsis, Elfman!

That is a great movie to watch with friends while enjoying holiday spirits. In fact, I don't recommend it unless one is WUI.

The sleep spray was classic!

Strawdoggy

December 15, 2008 at 8:15 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elfman
That was pretty funny stuff.
Now I gotta see this movie
Li'l Ray

December 15, 2008 at 1:43 PM 
Blogger Wynonna Plush said...

I liked your review elfman.
I'll check it out.
Wynonna

December 15, 2008 at 7:20 PM 
Blogger Wynonna Plush said...

I liked your review elfman.
I'll check it out.
Wynonna

December 15, 2008 at 7:21 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elfman,
Thanks for the recommendation.
I like the chocolate layer cake pills. The sleep spray wouldn't be bad either..good review
KG Cretin

December 16, 2008 at 6:57 PM 
Blogger Debmun1 said...

I was always in awe of the sleep spray when my kids were young! Now I wouldn't mind it for myself! Always got a good laugh out of this ridiculous movie. Great review, Elfman!

December 17, 2008 at 7:26 AM 
Blogger SurferGirl said...

Wow!
What is there to say?! This would not have been a movie I would have choosen, but after that review...
Maybe some night when I'm sipping my Malibu Rum and coke (diet, of course!) I'll tune in.
SG

December 18, 2008 at 1:14 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elfman, I THINK u have too much TIME ON YOUR HANDS.............

December 19, 2008 at 7:49 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah hum bug !!

December 19, 2008 at 3:06 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about any trance.
Wolek

December 20, 2008 at 3:55 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ABOVE ALL
I CANNOT LET THEM KNOW
THAT I'M FAKING...
THIS...
THIS....

TRANCE

December 20, 2008 at 8:57 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very good review. My personal favorite line is "Droppo...you are the laziest man on Mars. Why were you sleeping?" (I guess it's because he's the laziest man on Mars???) But the KIDS know their names!! Nice job Elf

December 21, 2008 at 6:45 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who can argue with the knowledge of centuries. "I can."

December 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home