Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Shhhh it's a Secret -- Victoria's Angels are back tonight

victoria secret Pictures, Images and Photos
The Angels are Back for the Holidays
Gentlemen, buckle your seat belts and start your engines …. Tonight’s the night you’ve been waiting all year for.Yes, that’s right, Christmas is coming early – as in ABC’s 10 p.m. presentation of The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show! I don’t remember where, but I did read that demographically, this show is second only to the Superbowl in male viewership ratio.
And all your faves will be there and barely dressed – Heidi Klum, Karolina Kurkova, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosia, Miranda Kerr, etc. (honestly, where do they get these names?) with special musical guest Usher for us ladies to gawk at.
And ladies, while watching this show with your significant other tonight, keep in mind that one of the models said that those “wings” they wear are no picnic, with some weighing up to 30 lbs.! Yeah, they totally have my sympathy (not)!
victoria secret Pictures, Images and Photos
Every Time A Bell Rings, An Angel Gets Its Wings!

Unfortunately for the Elfman, this happens to be the same time as Bravo’s all new Top Chef (will you choose Padma over the Angels?). Tonight the contestants take over the Today Show for a cooking challenge to be guest judged by that fancy footer from this past season of Dancing with the Stars, Rocco DiSpirito. And I’m with you Pat Pat – where is Ted? I so miss my Queer Eye guy! Elfman informs me that judge Gail Simmons won’t be finishing the season, so I guess that requisite snarky British judge will be replacing her sometime soon. What about Anthony Bourdain too? He’s got to pop up soon.
My dream episode would feature beligerant Brit Gordon Ramsay! Just imagine him at Judges’ Table!
And Elf – don’t worry, tonight’s episode repeats at 11 p.m. right after the Angels leave the runway to go back to the North Pole.
Rocco DiSpirito Pictures, Images and Photos
Chef Rocco

Christmas Treats: Tonight is the first airing over on TNT of that perennial holiday favorite A Christmas Story. Can you believe I actually work with someone who hasn’t seen this one? For those of you who don’t know, it is the Christmas season in Northern Indiana and Ralphie desperately wants a genuine Red Rider BB gun under the tree. The movie revolves around this pursuit and how Ralphie tries to overcome the obstacles in obtaining this gift, mainly in the form of adults who bleat "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!"
a christmas story ralphie Pictures, Images and Photos
Poor Ralphie, give the kid a break!
TNT usually airs this on a 24-hour loop Christmas Day. It airs tonight at 8 p.m. and repeats at 10. And if you haven’t seen it yet, I double dog dare you to watch!
Ralphie. Pictures, Images and Photos
The Double Dog Dare!

On ABC, Rudolph, Hermie and Yukon Cornelius show Santa the way on another Rankin & Bass classic – Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at 8 p.m.
rudolph-red-nosed-reindeer.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

And the Christmas tree gets lit in New York City tonight during Christmas in Rockefeller Center live on NBC at 8 p.m. Teen queen Miley Cyrus will be on hand to provide some holiday tunes.
Miley Pictures, Images and Photos
It's Miley!
OK, so don't kill me for posting a pic of this pixie ...

Not a holiday special, The Grammy Nominations Concert fills the viod between Rudolph and Victoria’s Secret at 9 p.m. on ABC. I don’t know if they’re actually going to announce the nominees or not, but it features performances by Celine Dion, BB King, John Myer, Taylor Swift and the Foo Fighters.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger elfman said...

You are right Kim. It was a huge dilemna for tonight...
Padma or Hedi Padma or Heidi..
But I am covered...
My brother will have the Victoria's Secret recorded on wide screen hi-def so I can still watch top chef...thanks soooooooooo much for your concern.
The elfman has spoken
where is the couch cutie???
I miss her.

December 3, 2008 at 7:41 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elfman..
I'm glad someone misses me!
Not a dilemma for me tonight...I have a date with Rocco and Tom at 10 PM.
And I think I'll watch Ralphie shoot his eye out!!!
Kim or Elf... WTF...what's up with the cheese...I must of missed something!!
Couch Cutie

December 3, 2008 at 7:55 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
Now I am totally confused
Is Couch Cutie a chef or a judge?
Do you look like Padma,
she is too skinny for me.. and whats with all this fear of cheese. I was raised on a farm and my grandmother churned butter..No need to fear dairy products.
Macho Melt

December 3, 2008 at 9:04 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas
Couch Cutie.
I enjoy your posts

BO 2

December 3, 2008 at 9:50 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home