Friday, January 23, 2009

Gone Country 3

gone country Pictures, Images and Photos
Saturday night at 8 p.m. over on CMT begins another season of their hit(?) reality show Gone Country. Season 3 to be exact. And while I've never watched it before, judging by the contestant line-up, I might actually take the time to tune in ...

Gone Country is apparently a singing "competition" that pits "celebrities" (yeah, I put it in quotes because last season had the likes of Sean Young on ... can she still be considered famous? -- and a very drunken Sean Young at that) against each other singing country songs. I don't know what the "prize" is, probably just possible publicity for these has-beens.

Anyway, this season boasts the best line-up of out-of-work former famous people I've seen ...

Sheila E. -- give her credit, at least she's a very talented percussionist.

George Clinton -- OK, considering he's "The Godfather of Funk," he might still be famous.

Micky Dolenz -- I'm dating myself here, but I actually know who he is! And he was my favorite Monkee.

Tara Conner -- partying/drunken former 2006 Miss USA. I remember seeing the youtube clip, but don't particularly remember her.

Taylor Dayne -- I think I might actually have a CD of hers somewhere ...

Justin Guarini -- where do you go after losing American Idol -- to CMT, of course! I actually voted for this guy! And c'mon guys, he's a Philly native ...

But the biggest reason I'll be watching ...

RICHARD GRIECO -- Boy, where have you been all these years? Last time I saw him, he was dating/engaged to Yasmine Bleeth and busted for drugs ... but back in the '80s, I was a fan. This is the guy who replaced Johnny Depp on 21 Jump Street, Fox's first-ever hit show ... Yeah, I know it seems like Fox has been around forever, but it hasn't.
I followed him over to his next show Booker and I even went to see his movie If Looks Could Kill. According to IMDB, he's been pretty busy with a lot of D movie work. Sorry, Richard, Johnny's a hard act to follow, maybe they can squeeze you into the next Pirates sequel. I'm sure they'll need somebody to swab the deck!
If not, there's always VH1 and their next season of Confessions of a Teen Idol.
richard grieco Pictures, Images and Photos
Grieco ... then

Actual country celebrity John Rich hosts.

For more info on Gone Country 3 visit http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/gone_country_3/series.jhtml

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home