Thursday, September 18, 2008

Project Runway ... Oops

OK, sorry, I got my information a little wrong about last night's Project Runway. While designer Cynthia Rowley was the guest judge in a Mother-Daughter challenge, the returning contestants I mentioned yesterday were actually on the show following the Bravo hit -- Top Design, which aired at 10 p.m. My bad.

Regarding Runway, last night we said Auf Wiedersehen to Joe. I will admit I was a little nervouse for Suede, he's growing on me and I didn't want him to go yet. I think the judges feel the same way. I'm picking him, Jerell and Leanne for the finalists. For now we'll have to wait and see ... by the way, what was that feathered thing on challenge-winner Jerell's head last night?

For more photos of last night's challenge or more info on the Runway visit http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/

F/X delivered another great episode of Sons of Anarchy last night, featuring Carnies, castration and those motorcycle mavens with a heart. For X-Files fans, there was another treat -- Mitch Pileggi turned up from a rival gang. Pileggi played Mulder and Scully's boss, Agent Skinner. You can see more here http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/soa/#Nav/TheShow/AboutTheShow

And Pileggi shows up this season on the CW's Supernatural, which has it's premiere at 9 p.m. Yes, demon hunters Sam and Dean Winchester are back for Season 4! When we last saw them back in May, evil demon Lilith trapped the brothers and sent Dean (Jensen Ackles) to Hell, fulfilling Dean's contract to sacrifice his life for Sam (Jared Padalecki).

Tonight's opener apparently has Dean literally digging himself out of his grave! Pileggi will appear in a future episode playing the boys' grandfather. But, if I have to be honest, although I love all things supernatural, the real reason I stick with this show is for the eye-candy -- the Winchester Bros. are hot!


And speaking of eye candy, I caught up on this week's 90210 last night too. I was just about to give up on this show, when Kelly Taylor (Jenny Garth) spoke the only word that would make me keep watching -- Dylan! As in former Beverly Hills alum Dylan McKay (Luke Perry)! (OK, so I would still have kept watching if she had said Brandon.) Yes, it seems that Kelly's young son Sammy is the spawn of my favorite 90210 hottie.

Before the new show started back in August, there was plenty of Internet rumors about Perry returning for a few guest shots, possibly as the father of Kelly's son. Perry's camp is quick to point out that at the moment the actor has no intention of returning. But we all know that can change ...

Also, I must admit I do enjoy seeing Rob Estes on 90210 (he plays West Beverly's principal and father of the main characters Annie and Dickson). I've always liked Estes, ever since he used to star in the upscale detective drama Silk Stalkings. I'll never forgive the USA Network for killing him off at the end of Season 5. And I'm not alone. The show quickly sank into ratings oblivion after that.


On TV Tonight: I'll be watching my favorite British chef in need of anger management -- Gordon Ramsay. His Kitchen Nightmares at 9 p.m. on Fox is one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

Say what you want about his management style, the guy knows what he's talking about. Just check out his bio on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Ramsay and I'm sure you'll be impressed. Anyway, if you're not familiar, Nightmares features a different failing eatery each week, which Ramsay makes over and turns into a profit maker. Check it out. It's very different from his signature cooking contest show Hell's Kitchen.


Also cake-maker extreme Duff Goldman is back with another new episode of his hugely popular Food Network show Ace of Cakes! This show truly is a joy to watch. Not only are the cakes amazing, the employees make up a cast of characters worth watching. So check out the jovial chef along with Mary Alice, Geof, Sherri, Anna, Adam and the rest of the gang at 10 p.m. Just Duff's boisterous laugh alone is enough to keep me watching.
Or if you just can't wait, you can visit Baltimore's Charm City Cakes at http://www.charmcitycakes.com/

Over on ABC at 9 p.m. last season's 2-hr. finale of Grey's Anatomy plays out again. So if you just can't wait until next week's season premiere, you can refresh your memory of the goings'-on of Meredith, McDreamy, McSteamy, and the rest randy doctors at Seattle Grace.

Till tomorrow ...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home